LGBTQ, Synchronicity and Dragon...



Where to start...

2 week ago on the day I was supposed to take a exam for Japan National licensed English tourist guide in which I completely lost interest and already stopped the preparation, I suddenly got a message in the morning from my best buddy in Melbourne saying "I read an article that Japan LGBT movement is becoming more active following the recent case of same sex marriage..." Later we chatted blah blah blah about this topic. 

Well, even though I already stopped the preparation for this exam, I decided to go there because I paid a quite big money around $100. The exam was held at Ryukoku University in Kyoto which is one of major Universities in Kansai region and is very much related to the Jodo Shinshu Buddhism sect.  

And it happened again...Synchronicity.

The first thing I noticed after passing the entrance was a sign board of the open campus lecture by a Japanese monk in San Francisco which will be held in 1 week later. The title was "LGBTQ and Buddhism in San Francisco". 

My Synchronicity policy is just to follow the signs I feel "This is it!". And so I immediately take a note of the day. 


"Something is going to happen, something is going to make me realize something through the lecture and throughout the day".

What I got interested in the lecture was

1. I didn't know the category "Q"of LGBTQ which means man is at the state of questioning to him/herself about sexual orientation.

2. What he tried to introduce us was the destruction of self-image about sexual orientation by "Internalized Homophobia" which not only LGBT, but also straight end with with prejudice. I think that this part is very related to the dogma and scripture of each religion which tend to create the biased ideas.

3. What he said to wrap up the lecture "Once we accept it, and we start walking on the way" reminded me of a quote "There is a will, and there is a way...". This is the first step for the pursuit of life after questioning "Q", I guess...




The lecture, Keisuke MIYAMOTO belongs to the Buddhism church in San Francisco.

"The Buddhist Church of San Francisco welcomes all those who wish to learn about the boundless wisdom and compassion that is Amida Buddha without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression" Buddhist Church of San Francisco : Inclusivity Statement
For me, Religions are obviously one of the factors which causes the world confusions along with its contradictions. And this matter as well. However it is obvious that it also help people to get a chance to find out "True-self", and start on the pursuit of life.



After the lecture, wandering in the center of Kyoto feeling a good energy filled in the air, I was wondering to myself, "Why did I have to be there today?".

All of sudden, around Gion district, I felt something in the air "Dragnon" , and was led to Kenninji Temple, and bumped into a image of Twin Dragnons placed in front of the entrance.

"You brought me here today. That's whey I feel good and relaxed which is rare for me in visiting Kyoto".

"Ryukoku" University...

"Ryu" (Dragon)
"Koku" (Valley)

No doubt....



Later I noticed one more thing that a series of these events were already starting from my visit in Melbourne in May. On the high way to Dangeon National park with my buddy, I saw the sign of Buddhist center in Melbourne by chance. I knew for a long time that there is a facility of Jodo Shinshu Sect in Melbourne from the name of Harold Stewart and Dr. Inagaki.

Really endless in trying to connect all the dots of life, and to sort out the intention of my fatum.

In 2 days, I'm going to fly to Vienna to get all things done...

Let's just put all aside....

Masami


コメント

人気の投稿