Karura came from Bali...


My friend informed me of a new opened event space "Kagura Hime" sometime ago. I started following events announced in Facebook, and found a very interesting dancing event on tonight. 

Before the show started, I was already so excited to take photos of the event space, especially the wooden old "Machiya" house (Japanese traditional wooden house), its furniture and items collected by the owner "Mora". So lovely place, and mysterious... 


The dancer named "Karura" (Garuda) is a Japanese lady who has been living in Bali almost for 30 years. The owner became a newly friend with Karura sometime ago, and she invited Karura for one of Opening events as a performer. 

Karura danced a story of Princess Kaguya in Bali dancing style accompanied with the Bali music played by Mora. 


What made me interested and excited was that any single movements of her dance performance was precise with beauty. Also two characters she performed was as if their spirits possessed Karura, and they were dancing the story just using Karura's body. Especially, the Princess Kaguya part was stanning, and the lady mask was surprisingly alive showing us  various expressions. 


As the performance going toward the ending, I was drawn into the world of the lady's mask. When Karura took it off, I noticed there were two ladies there, Karura and the lady. For a while, the lady mask still had an expression of excitement or tense on her face, but later gradually calmed down with a relaxed, smiley expression. The mask was really possessed by a lady's spirit. 
  

It was a really amazing dance performing night.

Bali..

I already knew sometime ago that I'm gonna get involved with the matter of Bali, but it seems that I'm being guided there step by step... 

I'm excited to think about what I'm going to see and experience there...

Masami

コメント

人気の投稿